|ONLINE ORDER POLICY (TEXTBOOKS)
* You do not have to register to purchase books - at checkout, you have the option to checkout as a "guest".
* The option to "pick up at store" is not active until move-in weekend. Before move-in weekend, all online orders are to be mailed off campus. If you try to circumvent this online, your order will be cancelled. We do not ship to on-campus addresses.
By placing a textbook order online, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
*It takes 2 business days to process an order and 3 business days to ship (minimum). Please do not contact the bookstore to inquire about the status of an order before we have had adequate time to process it. If you need to contact us about an order please have your ORDER NUMBER handy and available.
1) Orders are to be shipped off-campus only. Any order received with an on-campus "ship to" address will be deleted. There is an option to order books and pick them up in the store - but that option is only available after move-in weekend.
2) Financial aid cannot be used to pay for books ordered online. If you pay for your books with financial aid, you must do so in-person and in the store with a valid student ID. If you are a distance learning student and have special circumstances, please contact Linda Swift or Cecilia Chauvin at 814-732-2456.
3) The website is for credit card orders only. Texbooks are sold on a first-come / first serve basis and cannot be held.
4) Your credit card is not charged until your order ships. After placing an order online, you will receive an email confirmation. You will receive another email when your order ships which will notify you that your credit card has been charged. If you use the pickup at store option, you will receive an email letting you know when you card has been charged and when it is ready for pickup (when the pickup at store option is available).
5) ISBN numbers - ISBN information must be obtained in-person and in the store. WE WILL NOT GIVE OUT ISBN NUMBERS OVER THE TELEPHONE. Please understand that we get many calls during the start of a term and we cannot spend a lot time giving out this information over the phone. By law, we must be consistent in our policy so no exceptions will be made regarding ISBN information over the telephone.
6) No guarantee is stated or implied concerning the condition (new or used version) of textbooks that are available. You cannot specifically order a new or used textbook online, you can only state your preference. We attempt to have both new and used books available for every title but sometimes this is not possible. Some textbooks are only available to us in new condition and some instructors specifically request that we only carry certain titles in new condition. When you check out, you will be given 2 choices for your textbook condition PREFERENCE.
7) Pricing information displayed is a quote. The total listed in your shopping cart is a quote and not a final sale price. Your actual credit card charge may be less if you select USED PREFERRED and the used book is available. As stated in #6, we cannot guarantee textbook condition, so your pricing will be based on new until your order is processed and shipped - at which time your actual credit card charge will be reflective of what is actually being sent.
8) Shipping (domestic orders only). Shipping costs are $5 for the first book and $1 for each additional book. The maximum shipping charge for an order is $11.
9) Returns. Please contact the bookstore at 814-732-2456 or use the "Contact Us" form on the website if you wish to return an item (or order). Please check the RETURN POLICY page for additional return policy information. Returns can be done via mail or in the store.
10) Books will only be shipped when orders are complete. If your order is going to be held up for an extended period of time, we will contact you.
11) Additional information concerning orders is displayed on the Policy / Agreement page on the website.