COURSE MATERIALS – PORRECO COLLEGE
The Edinboro University Campus Bookstore gives you three choices for purchasing course materials for class:
- Visit the main campus store on the campus of Edinboro University.The store location & hours are listed online.
- Order your books online and have them shipped to your home.
- Order your books online and pick them up on the Porreco College Campus in the Caretaker House. You can pick up your orders at the following times:
Monday, August 26th: 8:00 – 6:00
Tuesday, August 27th: 8:00 – 6:00
Wednesday, August 28th: 9:30-1:30 & 2:30-6:00
Thursday, August 29th: 9:30-1:30 & 2:30-6:00
Friday, August 30th: 10:00-4:00
- Have this information available: schedule & student ID number – you will need this information if you are shopping on the bookstore website or just accessing course material information.In order to find out what the course requirements are, you will need the department acronym, course number and section number of each class - for example: ENGL 101 section 6 or ENGL 101.006.Keep in mind that different sections have different instructors that use different course materials.Simply looking at any ENG 101 course will not do.Do not guess!Caution: DO NOT try to match up the course instructor during the process as faculty may change.The course information is tracked by DEPT, Course and Section only.
- While we understand that customers shop online based on price – buyer beware. Make sure you get the proper book with ALL the required ancillary materials such as access/activation codes.DO NOT assume that you will be able to buy an ancillary piece on its own (either online or in the bookstore).There are instances where you may not be able to get an ancillary piece alone - so the only way to get it is to purchase a package that includes that particular piece.If you need to know if any ancillary items are really needed to pass the course – ask the instructor.
- DO NOT: open wrapped packages, activate ebooks/codes, or write in new books before you 1) go to class and verify you have the correct material(s) and 2) are certain you are going to stay in the class.You may not be able to return items that have been used/activated.For items purchased in the bookstore, you will get a copy of the return policy at checkout, please pay particular attention to the dates and conditions stated in the policy.
- DO NOT buy more than you need.Pay attention to what you are buying and make sure you don’t purchase the same material in different formats.When you look at information on the bookstore website, it may look like you need three books but it may be the same book listed three different ways such as a hardcover book, ebook, and loose leaf book– so you need to choose one.Read the notes attached to the courses material information online.
- If you plan to rent textbooks from the Campus Bookstore, you will need a securing credit/debit card. You can pay for your book any way you like, but the credit/debit card will be used to pay for non-return rental fees if the book is not returned by the due date.IF YOU RENT A BOOK, IT MUST BE BACK BY THE DUE DATE!There is no “grace period” for rentals.You will be given a rental policy at the time of purchase and must adhere to all term & conditions stated in the policy.